• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Former MAFS UK bride Richelle hits out at groom’s behaviour in new statement following dramatic exit from show

Home> Entertainment> TV & Film

Published 17:42 28 Oct 2024 GMT

Former MAFS UK bride Richelle hits out at groom’s behaviour in new statement following dramatic exit from show

Former MAFS UK star Richelle Cade issued a powerful statement on Instagram

Mia Williams

Mia Williams

Featured Image Credit: Channel 4

Topics: Married at First Sight UK, Married At First Sight, Social Media

Mia Williams
Mia Williams

Advert

Advert

Advert

Former MAFS UK star Richelle Cade has issued a bold statement since exiting the show, claiming only she had her own interests at heart while filming.

Richelle's dramatic exit from the Channel 4 reality show didn't exactly shock viewers, after she and her groom Orson endured some fierce bust-ups.

The former bride accused Orson of using the show to boost his acting career, and a new statement put out earlier today (October 28) left no stone unturned.

Advert

The pair didn't make it very far through the social experiment. (Channel 4)
The pair didn't make it very far through the social experiment. (Channel 4)

She told her followers on Instagram that she had been reflecting on her time on the show, and said the process was not what she 'expected or hoped' for.

Despite saying that she may have been naive for believing the programme would be an 'equal playing field', she made sure to note that she had made some genuine connections, particularly with Lacey and Sacha.

She said: "I didn't mentally prepare for a situation where every time the camera came on I'm caught off guard not knowing what tf is going on.

Advert

"Even supporting actresses are given a script, right?!"

She added: "Once it became glaringly obvious the process was dubious, and only I had my interests at heart, self preservation kicked in."

Richelle continued, adding that she was under no obligation to be 'kind' and would rather be thought of as 'vile and mean' than a mug.

Advert

The statement also addressed 'discerning viewers' who she noted had seen 'past the edit', and said she was grateful for the supportive messages she had received throughout the process.

While everyone knows that a career on social media can often blossom from a stint on reality TV, Richelle assured her followers that she wanted to continue living her 'average life'.

Richelle emphasised setting an example for her daughter (Instagram/@rich_elle_x)
Richelle emphasised setting an example for her daughter (Instagram/@rich_elle_x)

She said: "I want to enjoy work, my daughter, family and friends.

Advert

"I am not looking to be an influencer."

She then shared some advice to women who are experiencing a lack of respect within their relationship, in yet another not-so-subtle dig at her former groom Orson.

"We are doing ourselves a disservice as women putting up with behaviours that will ultimately affect our own emotional and physical health or worse," the former MAFS bride added.

She noted that her daughter didn't care about the 'hate' she was receiving on social media, as she would have 'hated seeing her mum deceived and humiliated on TV'.

Advert

Ending her heart-pouring statement, the star said: "For what it's worth, I lurvvve men, BUT I love me more."

Richelle turned off the comments section for the lengthy post.

Tyla has contacted Channel 4 for a comment.

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Chip Somodevilla/Getty ImagesChip Somodevilla/Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Kim Kardashian criticises Donald Trump's ICE raids in public speech

    The reality TV star addressed the 200,000 people who have been deported from the United States since Trump returned to the White House

    Entertainment
  • instagram/@chariah/@mayabenberryinstagram/@chariah/@mayabenberry
    3 hours ago

    Travis Kelce's ex Maya Benberry gave Taylor Swift surprising relationship warning

    The Chasing Travis alumna commented after the celebs went public with their relationship in 2023

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@selenagomezInstagram/@selenagomez
    4 hours ago

    Selena Gomez praised by fans over one major detail from her bachelorette party

    The star is set to wed Benny Blacno after getting engaged last December

    Entertainment
  • ITVITV
    5 hours ago

    Rylan Clark responds to backlash over controversial immigration comments on This Morning

    The TV star has doubled down on his immigration views after initially sharing them on This Morning on Wednesday (27th August)

    Entertainment
  • MAFS UK star Charlie speaks out after 'quitting' show in dramatic exit following fight
  • MAFS UK bride speaks out following exit as she makes major hint after explosive cheating bombshell
  • MAFS UK viewers slam contestant after ‘rude’ behaviour at dinner table leaves people shocked
  • MAFS UK star Amy issues statement about her ‘behaviour’ as ‘challenging’ episode airs