| Last updated
Meghan Markle says she feels "liberated" in a new clip from her bombshell Oprah interview.
The new footage, shown on CBS This Morning on Friday, sees the former Suits actress allege that the Palace banned her from giving interviews prior to her wedding to Prince Harry, adding she is now "ready to talk" about her time in the UK.
She adds that "a lot of life experience" has taken place since Oprah last approached her for an interview back in 2018, and that she and Harry now have "the ability to make [their] own choices".
"It's really liberating to be able to have the right and the privilege, in some ways, to be able to say yes," Meghan says.
"I'm ready to talk. To be able to just make a choice on your own. And to be able to speak for yourself."
Buckingham Palace declined to comment when contacted by Tyla.
#EXCLUSIVE: In this extended first clip from @Oprah's interview with Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex says what it means to be able to speak for herself.- CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) March 5, 2021
It comes one year after the couple left England and stepped back from full-time royal life.#OprahMeghanHarry pic.twitter.com/o3AdxpmLrh
The Duchess of Sussex is set to appear alongside husband Harry for a tell-all with the US talk show host this weekend.
Previously-released footage showed Meghan, 39, describing royal life as "unsurvivable" - while Harry said he feared "history repeating itself" in a nod to his late mother Diana.
Harry said: "You know, for me, I'm just really relieved and happy to be sitting here talking to you with my wife by my side, because I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like for [Diana] going through this process by herself all those years ago.
"It has been unbelievably tough for the two of us but at least we had each other."
And Meghan, who is currently expecting her second child, said of the royal family: "I don't know how they could expect, after all of this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us. If that comes with risk of losing things... there's a lot that's been lost already."
It comes after Buckingham Palace confirmed it was conducting an investigation into historical bullying allegations made against Meghan by former members of her staff.
The Sussexes responded by calling the allegations part of a "calculated smear" against them in the run-up to their bombshell interview.
Last month, the Queen confirmed that it would not be "possible" for the couple to return to official duties.
She said in a statement: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty the Queen that they will not be returning as working members of t royal family.
"Following conversations with the Duke, the Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of the royal family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.
"The honorary military appointments and royal patronages held by the Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of the royal family.
"While all are saddened by their decision, the Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family."
Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special airs on CBS Sunday, 7th March and on ITV Monday, 8th March
Featured Image Credit: CBS
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read