tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Stacey Solomon replaced on Channel 4 show after just one series
Home>Celebrity
Published 14:30 12 May 2023 GMT+1

Stacey Solomon replaced on Channel 4 show after just one series

Stacey's Bake Off: The Professionals replacement was confirmed by Channel 4 today.

Gregory Robinson

Gregory Robinson

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Channel 4

Topics: Stacey Solomon, TV And Film, Channel 4

Gregory Robinson
Gregory Robinson

Gregory is a journalist working for Tyla. After graduating with a master's degree in journalism, he has worked for both print and online publications and is particularly interested in TV, (pop) music and lifestyle. He loves Madonna, teen dramas from the '90s and prefers tea over coffee.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Stacey Solomon will not be returning to Bake Off: The Professionals for the upcoming series this year.

The Loose Women panellist, 33, presented the Great British Bake Off spin-off show alongside former Bake Off contestant Liam Charles, who competed on the eighth series in 2017.

Stacey and Liam were the two hosts in the seventh series, which aired between May and July, and featured 12 pastry chefs going head-to-head in delicious challenges.

Advert

The news of Stacey’s departure was confirmed on Friday (12 May) in a tweet announcing the show’s return and it’s brand new presenter.

Stacey Solomon joined Bake Off: The Professionals last year.
Channel 4

Comedian and television personality Ellie Taylor will take over presenting duties for the upcoming batch of episodes.

The mum-of-one recently competed on Strictly Come Dancing last year and first got a taste of the Bake Off world earlier this year as a contestant on The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off.

The tweet – which was posted from the official Twitter account – reads: “From Ted Lasso to tiramisu - we’re delighted to welcome @EllieJaneTaylor as our new co-host on Bake Off: The Professionals alongside @LiamcBakes Pastry chefs beware - judges @BenoitBlin_MCA & @Cherish_Finden are also back for pud! The new series arrives on @Channel4 this summer."

The 2023 Bake Off: The Professionals team – including the returning judges Benoit blin and Cherish Finden - are all pictured holding a plate with a mouth-watering sweet treat on top.

Twitter

The food-themed competition series has had a bunch of lineup changes since it debuted in 2016, including former presenters Tom Kerridge, Angus Deayton and Tom Allen.

I’m A Celebrity winner Stacey gave birth to daughter Belle in February this year.

Stacey, who is also mum to 15-year old Zachary; Leighton, 10; Rex, three and one-year-old Rose, has kept her 5.6 million Instagram followers up to date with her family.

Stacey’s children were ‘annoyed’ over her tattoo tribute to husband Joe Swash, who was eliminated from I’m a Celebrity earlier this week.

Stacey had previously joked she was going through a ‘midlife crisis’ when she wanted to get a tattoo for her kids.

With that being said, she ended up getting a tattoo in tribute to her husband which didn’t go down well with everyone.

Appearing on Loose Women after leaving the jungle on Tuesday night (9 May) Swash said he was ‘really surprised’ by his wife’s gesture, but that it wasn’t met with the same reaction elsewhere.

"I was so surprised! She was going off to do one for the kids and get one for the kids, but I don't think she could make her mind up so she got me done,” he said.

"The kids were so annoyed about it, they were like 'what's going on here mum?'"

Choose your content:

6 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • TikTok/@venezuelaffury
    6 hours ago

    Gen Z women are following in Venezuela Fury’s footsteps with controversial wedding outfit choice

    The 16-year-old did away with old-school wedding tradition and opted for a pair of white Crocs on her wedding day over the weekend (16 May)

    Entertainment
  • Marleen Moise/Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    Lisa Rinna debuts brand new look and ditches iconic brunette bob

    Real Housewives star Lisa Rinna attended the premiere of her latest project Stop! That! Train! with an unexpected new hairstyle

    Entertainment
  • Nathan Congleton/NBC via Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Stanley Tucci says throat cancer left him unable to eat two specific foods

    The Devil Wears Prada actor was diagnosed in 2017 after his physician spotted a tumour growing at the back of his tongue

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@milliegracecourt
    8 hours ago

    Love Island’s Mille Court announces split from Zac Woodworth and confirms sad cause of breakup

    Millie Court and Zac Woodworth have gone their separate ways after finishing Love Island: All Stars as runners-up earlier this year

    Entertainment
  • Stacey Solomon shares sweet meaning behind her baby girl's name
  • Stacey Solomon tells fans she's returning to work just two months after giving birth to fifth child
  • Stacey Solomon left livid by 'bone idle' husband over cluttered house on Sort Your Life Out
  • Stacey Solomon Left Red-Faced After Accidental NSFW Google Search