Drake Bell found safe after police reported him missing
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Alamy / The Photo Access / Daytona Beach Police Department
Drake Bell has been found safe after he was reported missing and considered 'endangered' by Florida police.
“At this time, we can confirm law enforcement officials are in contact and Mr Bell is safe,” the Daytona Beach Police Department have said in an update.
It is currently unclear where Bell was found or why police officers believed he was 'endangered'.
Before he was found today (13 April), the former Nickelodeon star, 36, was last seen driving a 2022 grey BMW on Wednesday (12 April) at around 9.00pm in the area near Mainland High School in Daytona Beach, Florida.
"Officers are looking for Jared Bell, DOB 06/27/1986," the alert began, with Bell's birth name used by cops.
"He should be traveling in a 2022 grey BMW and his last known location is potentially the area of Mainland High School on 4/12/2023 just before 9 p.m. He is considered missing and endangered.
"If you know where he is or have any information, please contact Detective Jayson Wallace at 386-671-5207 or [email protected]."
Bell recently completed probation over an attempted child endangerment case, in which he pleaded guilty.
He admitted the charges in July 2021, stating: "I accept this plea because my conduct was wrong."
He was also sentenced to 20 hours of unpaid community service, and told he must have no contact with the victim.
In a statement that day, the victim said: "My life hasn't been the same since I was 15. I think about these crimes every single day. I feel like I'm in a constant dark place.
“Sometimes I wish I could disappear so I can forget about what happened. They [Bell’s actions] cannot be taken back. He was calculating, he preyed on me and sexually abused me. He is a monster and a danger to children."
Bell’s full statement read: "Today I accept this plea because my conduct was wrong. I'm sorry that the victim was harmed in any way - that was obviously not my intention.
"I have taken this matter very, very seriously, and again I just want to apologise to her and anyone else who may have been affected by my actions."
He filed for bankruptcy in 2014 and since then, the actor faced other accusations in subsequent years, including a 2016 DUI arrest.
However earlier this year it was confirmed that the couple were no longer together.