Tyla

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert

Rescue Puppy Undergoes £2,000 Facelift So It Can See

Published 
| Last updated 

Rescue Puppy Undergoes £2,000 Facelift So It Can See

A puppy that was rescued by the RSPCA was given a facelift so he could finally see again.

Reggie, an 18-month-old Shar-pei, was signed over to the charity to be cared for after his previously living conditions were deemed unsuitable.

Reggie arrived at the Sussex, Brighton and East Grinstead branch in Patcham in a poor condition, with extremely sore skin on his back and infected eyes.

Poor Reggie's vision was also suffering and he needed constant eye treatment.

Advert
Reggie was given a face lift so he could finally see again. Credit: SWNS
Reggie was given a face lift so he could finally see again. Credit: SWNS

But two weeks ago, Reggie was given critical surgery which has reduced excess skin previously covering his face and eyes.

After a successful recovery, Reggie no longer needs further medication and is ready to be re-homed to his fur-ever home.

Lauren Pearce, deputy head of dogs, said: “Reggie is such a sweetheart, so so friendly and loves everyone.

Advert

"We’d like him to live in an adult only home as he isn’t used to children and it would be great if he could live with more experienced owners.

“Sadly Reggie’s breed is prone to having problems due to their extra skin but with the treatment he’s had, we hope that this will help prevent further skin problems in the future.

“He’s a young dog so we hope the right person comes forward so he can get stuck into enjoying his new life.”

Reggie is now ready to be re-homed. Credit: SWNS
Reggie is now ready to be re-homed. Credit: SWNS
Advert

Reggie’s surgery cost almost £2,000 - a special rate given to the RSPCA by a local surgery. The costs were funded by the Sussex, Brighton and East Grinstead branch.

You can help support the RSPCA here.

In other news, owners are issuing a warning to others after a dog has sadly died after being stung from a deadly plant while out on a walk.

Stuart Good, 61, was walking his dog – Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Ella – with his friend Clive Ransom in Port Sunlight River Park, in Wirral earlier this year, when he noticed her yelping in pain.

Advert
A dog has sadly died after being stung by a deadly plant. Credit: Alamy
A dog has sadly died after being stung by a deadly plant. Credit: Alamy

When they returned home, Stuart realised Ella had a blister which was doubling in size.

The blister continued to grow, and after rushing Ella, 13, to the vets a couple of days later, they were told Ella's injuries were caused by giant hogweed, also referred to as 'Britain's most dangerous plant'.

On 30 May, Stuart made the devastating decision to have Ella put down. Now, he wants to warn others about the dangerous plant.

Advert

You can read more about that here.

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

Topics: Animals, Dog, RSPCA

Lucy Devine
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Celebrity

Jaw-dropping Wagatha Christie details revealed in unseen court documents

3 days ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Woman from South Korea spent £50,000 to look like Kim Kardashian

18 hours ago