To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Eamonn Holmes Confirms He's Joining GB News

Eamonn Holmes Confirms He's Joining GB News

Eamonn announced the career move on social media.

Eamonn Holmes has confirmed he's joining GB News after leaving This Morning.

The presenter made the announcement today, explaining: "I’ve spent my career on broadcasting firsts and start-ups, and GB News is one of the most exciting yet.

"It’s just the kind of shake-up the industry needs. I’ve admired GB News from the beginning for its clever mix of punchy debate but delivered with warmth and even some fun.

"To me the greatest honour in journalism is to give a voice and respect to the unheard, and that’s exactly what GB News is all about."

Eamonn, 61, and wife Ruth have been presenting the show since 2006 (
Alamy)

Eamonn, 61, and wife Ruth have been presenting This Morning since 2006. They were removed from their usual Friday slot and replaced by Alison Hammond and Dermot O’Leary, but continued to present during school holidays, while taking over from regular presenters Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield.

It's reported that Eamonn will be fronting GB News several times a week.

Speaking about GB News when it launched earlier this year, Eamonn said: “We need a shake-up on the news front. I have huge respect for TV news but this is a reminder news is not just Westminster or a constant woke agenda.”

Eamonn confirmed the news today (
ITV)

Last year, Eamonn issued an apology on This Morning after he made some controversial comments about a conspiracy theory linking 5G to coronavirus.

Eamonn said: "What I don't accept is mainstream media immediately slapping that down as not true when they don't know it's not true.

"No one should attack or damage or do anything like that, but it's very easy to say it is not true because it suits the state narrative, that's all I would say as someone with an enquiring mind."

More than 400 viewers complained and Eamonn apologised on air.

"I want to clarify some comments that some of you may have misinterpreted from me yesterday... no connection between 5G and coronavirus," he said.

"However, many people are rightly concerned and are looking for answers... no scientific evidence to substantiate 5G theories."

Eamonn has left This Morning (
Shutterstock)

We wish Eamonn the best of luck with his new venture.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: TV And Film, Celebrity