Everyone's Making Pumpkin Spice Cookies And They Look Delicious
With temperatures dropping and the leaves turning, it's officially the season of pumpkin-spiced-everything.
Laced with festive spices and made with sweet pumpkin and vanilla, these baked delights are just right for October - and we'll be baking some in the run-down to Halloween.
Here, New York foodie Zaynab Issa shares her recipe for pumpkin spice cookies with caramel frosting - a combination she describes as 'heavenly'.
For the cookie mix
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
More Like ThisMore Like This
For the frosting
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla and the egg, followed by the pumpkin puree.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, salt, and baking soda to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Scoop the batter by the rounded tablespoons onto a lined baking sheet, and bake at 350 for 11 minutes.
- To make the frosting: Add the butter, cream and brown sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a rapid boil, stirring continuously. Transfer the caramel to a heatproof bowl to cool.
- Once it's completely cooled, add the powdered sugar to the caramel and whisk vigorously until light and fluffy.
- Spread a teaspoon or so of the frosting onto the bakes cookies and enjoy.
Delicious! Just off to scoff a batch of these, accompanied by a pumpkin spice latte, of course.
Featured Image Credit: Instagram / @zaynab_issa