Lockdown Bakes: People Are Making Biscoff French Toast Roll Ups And They're So Easy
Biscoff spread has been a staple in our cupboards for some time now, and while it's great to spread on just about anything - or simply eat from the jar with a spoon - it's also the ultimate baking ingredient.
And for this week's Lockdown Bake, you're going to need a lot of Biscoff spread. Say hello to Biscoff French Toast Roll Ups - thick white bread, fried in butter and eggs and loaded with lashings of mouthwatering Biscoff spread.
To finish, it's topped with brown sugar, cinnamon and - if you're feeling extra sweet-toothed - Biscoff biscuits or (and) chocolate of your choice. Just look at it...
We were first introduced to the queen of all breakfasts via Instagram page @veganbrownting, run by Abby, who shared her own plant-based version of Biscoff French Toast Roll Ups.
We've popped Abby's recipe below, but if want to follow a non-vegan version that includes eggs, we've also added a few alternatives.
- 100ml oat milk
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Thick white bread
- Biscoff spread
- Vegan butter to fry
- Vegan dark chocolate (optional)
For a non-vegan version, you can use dairy milk and butter, and also add three eggs to your wet mixture.
More Like ThisMore Like This
- Mix together your oat milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and flaxseed in a bowl and pop in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Cut the crusts off your thick white bread and flatten each slice with a rolling pin.
- Spread Biscoff on one side and roll up the bread.
- Take your wet mixture out of the fridge, give it a mix and dunk each rolled slice in (Abby's tip is to do this quickly, as you don't want to soak the bread).
- Heat your butter and fry the rolls on a low heat, turning occasionally for around 10 minutes.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and cover each roll up in the mixture.
- Top with maple syrup and melted vegan dark chocolate.
And Abby isn't the only one who's been rustling up the French toast. Check out some of these mouthwatering nuggets of inspo' below:
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@veganbrownting
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read