People Are Making Whipped Strawberry Milkshake And Oh My
Sweet. Smooth. Creamy. Is there anything better than an ice-cold milkshake?
Now a luxurious new spin on the drink is here: Whipped Strawberry Milk.
Pastel pink and cloud-like in texture, the milky creation is like a sweet cousin of dalgona coffee, the whipped caffeinated drink that went viral thanks to TikTok.
Like dalgona coffee, the strawberry milk equivalent only requires a handful of ingredients to make.
The textures are similar, too, with a richly creamy top half layered over an iced milk of choice.
In the coffee version, the creamy topping is made using instant coffee, sugar, and water, and served over ice and milk.
But dalgona's strawberry sister requires a childhood store cupboard staple - Nesquik.
So, drinkers get a side serving of nostalgia with their milkshake too.
Best of all, the easy-to-make drink can be switched up in all sorts of ways.
The creation is great served hot or cold, and can be made using alternative flavours like chocolate, banana, or even matcha powder.
More Like ThisMore Like This
Mmm, sold? Us too. Here's how to whip yourself up a strawberry milk.
Going by Miami-based foodie and sugar lover, Valentina Mussi, who shares her favourite recipes on Instagram and TikTok under the name @SweetPortfolio, you will need:
- 1 tbsp of Strawberry Nesquik (or whichever flavour gives you those childhood feels!)
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) of heavy whipping cream
- Milk of your choice (dairy or nut milk alternatives work equally well)
1. Speedily mix together the Strawberry Nesquik and whipping cream until your arm is numb - the end result should be fluffy and cloud-like.
2. Dip the rim of your glass into a little Agave syrup or honey, then dip the lid of your glass into your Nesquik for a colourful spin on a salted margarita cocktail rim.
3. Serve over hot or cold milk and enjoy!
Oh my. Anyone else's mouth watering RN?
We'll be accessorising our whipped strawberry milk with a sliced ripe strawb and drinking it in the sunshine, like the Insta user above.
Move over dalgona coffee, you just got trumped by your strawberry sister.
Featured Image Credit: Instagram / @sweetportfolio / @sandraherz24