Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal Is The Tastiest New Food Trend You Need To Try
Here to shake up the world of breakfast foods is... chocolate chip cookie cereal.
Yep, that's piles of warm, miniature chocolate chip cookies (chewy on the outside, oozing and melty within) splashed all over with a cooling milk of your choice.
Anyone else salivating at this heavenly creation? We'll never look at a bowl of cornflakes in the same way again.
Foodie content creator Justin Schuble, who shares under the Insta handle @dcfoodporn, is the man behind this sweet toothed wizardry - no wonder his bio reads 'consider your diet ruined'.
Justin, we salute you, and so does the Internet. Cookie cereal is now a viral sensation, with over 28K likes on Instagram.
If you want to recreate this bowl of chocolatey goodness at home (and honestly, why wouldn't you?) then here's now.
You will need
- Pre-made cookie dough (homemade or shop-bought, depending on your preference!)
- Extra chocolate chips
- Ice cold milk of your choice
More Like ThisMore Like This
1. Cut your cookie dough into even pieces. You want to make sure they bake evenly or else some will burn and others will be undercooked. Instead of rolling them into balls, just round the edges. And add an extra chocolate chip on top for a prettier final product.
2. Bake at 350F for about 7 minutes (cookies will still be a little soft). Let them sit on the counter and harden for a few minutes.
3. Add a few spoonfuls of your mini cookies to a bowl and enjoy with milk. To avoid getting all the cookies soggy at once, only add a few bites to your bowl at a time.
4. Try it with ice cream as a dessert!
5. Get creative! You can make any type of cookie into cookie cereal. Doesn't have to be chocolate chip!!
And if that isn't inspo enough for you, check out some of these cookie cereal creations shared by other home cooks on Insta.
You could serve your chocolatey cereal IN AN EDIBLE BOWL MADE OF COOKIE DOUGH, like this genius.
Honestly, our minds are blown.
Or how about this spin on cookie cereal, inspired by Justin's original recipe, but switched up with a colourful dash of sprinkles?
Mmmm. Brb, just off to scoff a big bowlful of these.
Featured Image Credit: Instagram / @dcfoodporn
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read