People Are Making Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches - And They're The Perfect Heatwave Snack
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock
Say hello to homemade Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches. We're talking two slices of rich and gooey chocolate brownie, packed with vanilla ice cream and loaded with chocolate chips, crushed Oreos - or whatever else you fancy throwing in tbh.
Just look at them! SO delish.
If you fancy trying the mouthwatering treats for yourself, we've popped a handy recipe below. You'll need two tins to bake both the brownie layers and feel free to switch and swap any add-ins for your favourites.
While we're using ready-made ice cream, feel free to make your own from scratch if you fancy!
- 300g unsalted butter
- 300g dark chocolate
- 150g plain flour
- 90g cocoa powder
- Four large eggs
- 350g caster sugar
- Chopped (small) milk and white chocolate
- 1 litre ice cream of your choice
- Any ice cream mix-ins, for example Oreos, chocolate chunks or sauces
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5 before lining two baking tins.
- Melt the butter and then add in the sugar and chocolate. Stir until melted, before beating in the eggs, flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the chocolate chunks and pour the mixture evenly into two tins before baking for around half an hour. Make sure you don't overcook your brownies, as you still want them to have that gooey texture.
- Allow the brownies to cool fully.
- Take your ice cream and mix in any of your add-ins, before spreading on top of one of the brownie slabs. Place the other layer on top and pop in the freezer for at least three hours.
- When you're ready to serve, transfer to the fridge for 15 minutes before slicing and serving!
If you need some inspo' check out these drool-worthy examples below...