Watermelon Jelly Vodka Shots Are The Perfect Boozy Heatwave Treat
Say hello to watermelon jelly vodka shots - not only are they mega easy to make, but they're the ultimate (socially distanced) crowd pleaser, too.
All you need is three ingredients - a watermelon, gelatine and vodka. You can also add sugar to make the jelly shots extra sweet, but this is optional.
We've listed a mega easy recipe below, but feel free to swap in and mix it up with other flavours or whatever you fancy.
- 1 watermelon
- 2 tablespoons of gelatine or gelatine sheets
- 300ml vodka, standard or flavoured
- Optional: Caster sugar
- Optional: Watermelon flavoured ready-made jelly
More Like ThisMore Like This
- Cut the watermelon in half and scoop out the flesh. Try using an ice cream scoop for ease!
- Place the flesh in a blender or food processor until it is smooth.
- If you're using sugar, combine with the watermelon juice in a saucepan and simmer until dissolved.
- Once cooled, mix in the gelatine and the vodka.
- Once everything is dissolved, add the boozy watermelon jelly into the scooped out watermelon halves.
- Allow to set for six hours (ideally overnight) and cut into wedges or slices when ready to serve.
Tip - take extra care when carrying the watermelon halves to the fridge - you don't want to end up with watermelon vodka jelly all over your floor!
With the sweltering weather in full swing, it seems thursty Brits have been rustling up the refreshing treats, with several posting their creations on Instagram.
It's also worth noting that you can make them completely booze free; just omit the vodka. You could also opt for a different flavoured jelly or try using flavoured vodka such as raspberry, strawberry or watermelon.
We cant wait to get stuck into making these this weekend. Obviously it goes without saying that although these taste mega delicious, they are boozier than you'd imagine - so drink/ eat responsibly!
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read