People Are Making Creamy Biscoff Eclairs And They Look Delicious
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: T-Post Cafe/@tpostsouthmilford
There is literally nothing you can't do with Biscoff spread, and now fans are putting their culinary skills to the test by whipping up creamy Biscoff eclairs.
The delicious pastries are inspired by the classic cream-filled eclair, but instead of a chocolate topping, they're loaded with the caramelised biscuity goodness we know and love.
We first spotted the mouthwatering treats over on cake and dessert page, @sugarliciousdesign - run by Lory - whose Biscoff eclairs look so delicious.
Just look at them... Drool.
Ever since, we've noticed the pastries popping up all over our Instagram feeds. To recreate the dessert at home, we've popped a handy recipe below. Don't forget you'll need a piping bag and a nozzle!
For the pastry
- 70g flour
- 60ml milk
- 50g salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp water
For the filling
- 200ml thick cream
- 6 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
- Biscoff spread
- Biscoff biscuits
- Sprinkle of icing sugar
1. For the pastry, add the water, milk, butter and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove the pan and add the flour. Mix until smooth and return to simmer on a medium heat for one minute, continuously stirring.
3. After a minute, remove from the heat and add the eggs, mixing quickly. You want a smooth consistency - but not too thin.
4. Add the mixture to a piping bag and allow it to cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, line your baking tray.
5. After a few minutes, pipe the mixture onto the tray. Each eclair should be around six to seven inches long.
6. Bake in the oven for half an hour before leaving to cool. Be careful not to overcook!
7. Make your vanilla cream filling by whipping the ingredients together until thick.
8. Next - and once they are completely cooled - carefully slice each eclair lengthways and pipe in the vanilla cream.
9. For the Biscoff topping, melt Biscoff spread in the microwave or over a pan of water. Dip in each eclair and allow to cool.
10. Crush a handful of your Biscoff biscuits before adding to each eclair. Finish with a sprinkling if icing sugar and top with a full biscuit. Voila!
Need some inspo'? Check out these options below...