Ben & Jerry's Has Released Its Iconic Cookie Dough Recipe
If you've never tried Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Chunks, well, you're in for a treat!
In news that is sure to brighten up your week, the ice cream gurus have revealed how you can whip up a batch of the delicious biscuity bites at home - and it really couldn't be easier.
You can see a video clip of how to make them below:
Throughout lockdown, we've been mastering banana bread, sourdough - and even pizza cereal (not tried it? You can read about it here).
But let's face it, Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Chunks are the queen of all sweet snacks - and now you can make them yourself.
The best bit is, it's super easy. All you need is seven ingredients and around 30 minutes. You can find the recipe below...
More Like ThisMore Like This
- 250g brown sugar
- 250g flour
- 125g chocolate chips
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. double cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- Place the flour in a bowl and microwave on high heat to ensure no bacteria is on the flour. Side note: Ben & Jerry's explain they always heat treat flour for this recipe. "Eggs and untreated flour have a high likelihood of containing contaminants like salmonella and E. coli," they explain.
- In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, cream, and salt. Mix to combine. Then add the flour and continue mixing it all together.
- Chuck in the chocolate chips. The more the merrier!
- Mould into ball shapes with your hands.
- Serve and enjoy or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can store the delicious snacks in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for six months.
If you want to be extra fancy, you could cover the bites in chocolate to make a delicious cookie dough truffle, or use them as an ice cream or cake topping.
Meanwhile, we'll be eating ours straight from the tub while watching binge-watching Netflix...
Featured Image Credit: Ben & Jerry's
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read