Family Create Huge Nacho Table And We Are Seriously Inspired
Stefanie Herder, 36, from Michigan, USA has taken nacho eating to the next level with this epic spread, which sees the whole kitchen table coated in tin foil and layered up with tortilla chips, spicy meat, melted cheese and all the toppings.
This is truly food artistry. Just look at this video:
It's not only the sheer size of the nacho table that makes it genius, though.
Each person can 'claim' a section of the table with their favourite toppings, whether that's extra jalapenos or veggie protein alternatives.
Oh, and the tin foil underlay makes this feast super easy to clear up after - simply fold the foil away (along with any residue tortilla shards) once you're done.
The nacho table is a tradition for Stefanie's family, who recreate the spread when they go on vacation to northern Michigan every year.
With 12 mouths to feed on holiday - including parents, uncle and aunts, siblings, and cousins - the family go all out when it comes to their nacho ritual.
Talking about the cheesy creation, Stefanie said: "A friend told us how he and his friendship group used to make a nacho table when they were in college - so we had to try it out!"
"We did it for the first time in January of 2017 while on our annual summer vacation to a cabin on a lake in Michigan.
"It was a rainy day and we were looking for something fun to do. Now we do it every summer!"
If you fancy creating a nacho table yourself, you will need:
- A table or kitchen island
- Tin foil
- Tortilla chips
- Protein(s) of your choice
- Cheese or ready-made cheese sauce (dairy or plant based)
- Any other toppings of your choice
Stefanie's step-by-step instructions:
1. To make a nacho table, you need a large table or a kitchen island, which you cover with aluminium foil.
2. Spread out your tortilla chips over the foil, and layer on your protein of choice and melted cheese.
3. You can leave a section of the table without meat if you have vegetarian guests.
4. Then, each person 'claims' their section of the table and gets to add whatever toppings they like to that area of the nacho table.
5. When the group is done eating, all you have to do is roll up the aluminium foil with the crumbs and throw it away - it's an easy clean-up!
That's all our dinner parties sorted for the foreseeable future, then.
Featured Image Credit: Stefanie Herder / ViralHog