Cloud Cake Is The Delicious TikTok Recipe You Need To Try
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock
Last year, we told you all about cloud bread - a light, airy (and very aesthetically pleasing) new treat which is deliciously sweet and lighter than air.
But now, there's a new cloud delicacy making its way around social media... say hello to cloud cake!
Similar to its doughy counterpart, the cloud cake is much sweeter, made from almost double the sugar and topped with all kinds of sweet treats.
The fluffy cake is still made in the same way with plenty of egg whites, and social media users are adding the likes of chocolate, biscuits and other mouthwatering flavours to make it extra indulgent.
And it's so easy to make, we've popped a handy recipe below - and some mouthwatering TikTok recipes, so you can try it for yourself.
- 3 egg whites
- 10g cornstarch (or cornflour)
- 50g sugar
- Food colouring or flavouring (optional)
- Any added extra mix-ins such as chocolate, biscuits, sweets or spreads
- Toppings such as crushed biscuits or chocolate chips
1. Add your egg whites to a mixing bowl and whisk.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and continue to whisk together. Don't mix too much as you want to retain as much air as possible.
3. Place the airy mixture on grease proof paper in the shape of a cloud before popping in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
4. Add on any toppings you fancy!