| Last updated
And this incredible idea, shared by Sydney-based Instagrammer Walla Abu-Eid, does just that!
The simple recipe takes a humble shortbread biscuit and pimps it up with the addition of milk chocolate and our fave caramelised biscuit spread to create a wonderful take on a Twix bar.
And, best of all, you'll only need half a jar of the sweet stuff, so there's plenty left to eat later, on its own with a spoon (or you could double the recipe, no biggie).
Walla said the recipe was made up of: "Heavenly layers of shortbread biscuit and Biscoff spread, coated in decadent milk chocolate!
"I don't think I'll be having regular Twix bars again," she added.
Speaking to Tyla about the inspiration behind the snack, she explained: "My favourite bar of chocolate is Twix so I thought of incorporating Biscoff into that.
"Initially I wanted to make the shortbread base from scratch but I had a look around to see if I can simplify that step (people are more likely to try a recipe when it's simple with minimal ingredients).
"As I was at Woolworths I scanned the biscuits aisle and found the shortbread biscuits which were the perfect size for this recipe
"I then had to experiment with the idea I had in mind. I wasn't sure if I should melt the Biscoff spread and pour it over the biscuits layer in a tray, freeze, then cut and assemble.. or if piping the room temperature spread would hold up and allow me to coat in chocolate easily.
"Trial and error lead to this recipe being developed. A simple three ingredient recipe which is so delicious!"
And fans love the recipe just as much as we do, it seems.
"Heaven," wrote one, with a heart-eyes emoji.
While another commented: "My two favorite things come together!!"
Take a look at the video above or read on for how to make these delicious Twix inspired bars yourself:
- 10 PCs shortbread biscuit
- 200g Biscoff spread (half a jar)
- 250g milk chocolate
- Place Biscoff spread into a piping bag and cut off about 1 inch off the end
- Pipe spread over each piece of biscuit and use a knife to smooth it out
- Place chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals (stirring in between) until it fully melts
- Dip Biscoff biscuits into chocolate and swirl around to coat completely. Transfer to baking paper and use a fork to make indents on the top
- Refrigerate or leave on bench top to set them enjoy!
Brb, we're off to knock up another batch...
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read