| Last updated
Now lockdown restrictions are beginning to ease, we're heading straight back to the beauty salon to get ourselves polished and preened ahead of our social plans.
While getting lash extensions on is probably our favourite beauty treatment (getting a manicure is a close second, mind you), we've been left feeling a little on edge after watching this TikTok video.
You can watch the clip below.
In a clip shared by @lotties.beauty.suite, beautician Lottie has warned of the dangers of even slightly opening your eyes when getting lash extensions fitted.
The footage shows a girl getting her extensions fitted, where she briefly opens her eyes - leading to disastrous results.
"This poor girl forgot to keep her eyes shut when having extensions," Lottie wrote on the post.
"When she opened them, her eyes started stinging from the fumes of the fresh glue."
Lottie continued: "Not only did this hurt her, it also meant she squeezed her eyes shut, and therefore stuck her lashes to the tape underneath."
We then see Lottie being forced to use her tweezers to pull the last extensions away from the tape - which did not look fun.
However, Lottie managed a professional job, writing: "With some difficulty, we managed to separate the two and she left with gorgeous, natural extensions."
The comments saw girls share their fear about this ever happening to them, in which Lottie was quick to reassure them.
"As long as you keep [your eyes] closed, and go to a qualified lash tech, you'll be okay!" Lottie said. "I don't blame the client at all, though she was warned to keep her eyes closed, I should have stressed the importance of this more."
In other TikTok news, we've discovered that people are genuinely using sour cream to treat their sunburn - and it's enough to turn your stomach.
Hmm...we'll stick to using aloe vera gel, thanks.
You can read more about that here.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read