Pets At Home Is Selling Halloween Costumes For Your Dog From £1.50
With Halloween fast approaching, it's time to get your costume at the ready. But why should it just be us humans who have all the fun?
Pets At Home has now unveiled a spooky costume range for dogs, and it's scarily cute.
Items in the range start at just £1.50 for a witch's hat, and you can get a full costume for your pooch for just £10.
Also included is a witch's costume (£10), a pumpkin (£7), a lion (£7) and giant spider (£7). The dressing up fun really never ends!
A skeleton costume is also on offer for £10, while you can get a bat hat and dragon wings for just £3, too.
Plus, if your doggo is a bit of a wuss, you can also go down the less scary route, with bandanas, scrunchies and bow ties also on offer.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"Pets at Home understands that pets are part of our family, so it's natural to include our four-legged companions in fun and special events," the chain said in a statement.
Of course, ensuring your pup is comfortable as well as adorable is also paramount.
So, the pet store has mocked up some advise for us all to follow when spooking up our dogs this year:
- Give your dog space: it's important for them to feel like they have a choice and that they can escape if they're uncomfortable, as opposed to feeling cornered or threatened
- Make the experience a positive one: only let them wear outfits for a few minutes at a time initially and give them their favourite treats to create a positive association
- Introduce accessories or costumes gradually: it can take time and it's not something you can always jump straight into
- Look out for signs of them becoming overwhelmed or upset: including tucking their tail under, flattening their ears, turning their head away or easily missed signs such as licking their lips or yawning; it's important they're never ignored
- Never force your pet: if they become overwhelmed or upset, your pet can still join in the fun with simpler, less intrusive accessories like collar sliders and bandanas
With costumes like this, it's going to be the most spook-tacular Halloween ever!
Featured Image Credit: Pets At Home
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read