Tyla

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert

Queen Told To Rest For 'At Least Two More Weeks', Announces Palace

Published 
| Last updated 

Queen Told To Rest For 'At Least Two More Weeks', Announces Palace

The Queen has been advised by doctors to rest for two more weeks, says Buckingham Palace.

Any events and official visits scheduled during this time will be cancelled. Buckingham Palace has said the Queen may take on some 'light' virtual events during this time.

The Queen has been advised by doctors to rest for two more weeks (Credit: Alamy)
The Queen has been advised by doctors to rest for two more weeks (Credit: Alamy)

The advice means Her Majesty will not be attending the Festival of Remembrance on 13th November, but it is her "firm intention" to be in attendance for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday (14th November).

Advert

"Following on from their recent advice that the Queen should rest for a few days, Her Majesty's doctors have advised that she should continue to rest for at least the next two weeks," the statement read.

"The doctors have advised that Her Majesty can continue to undertake light, desk-based duties during this time, including some virtual audiences, but not to undertake any official visits.

The Queen hopes to be in attendance for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday (Credit: Alamy)
The Queen hopes to be in attendance for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday (Credit: Alamy)

"Her Majesty regrets that this means she will be unable to attend the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday November 13.

Advert

"However, it remains The Queen's firm intention to be present for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday, on November 14."

The announcement comes after Her Majesty cancelled a trip to Glasgow due to take place next week. The 95-year-old monarch was due to attend the COP26 climate change summit but said she "regretfully" decided not to attend on doctor's orders.

(Credit: Twitter)
(Credit: Twitter)

The Queen had been scheduled to attend along with the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for five days between 1st and 5th November.

Advert

It is reported that other senior royals will still be in attendance.

The decision was made after, earlier this month, the Queen underwent medical checks in hospital after cancelling a trip to Northern Ireland. However, she did virtually resume public engagements via video from Windsor Castle.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: News, The Queen

Lucy Devine
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Animals

I tried Aldi’s £19.99 gadget that promises to get your dog 'talking’

11 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Woman from South Korea spent £50,000 to look like Kim Kardashian

2 days ago