| Last updated
The Duke of Edinburgh has been taken by ambulance to a new hospital as he continues to battle an infection.
The Queen's husband, 99, was taken ill in London last week and has now been transferred from King Edward VII's Hospital to St Bartholomew's Hospital to continue his treatment.
Buckingham Palace said: "The Duke of Edinburgh was today transferred from King Edward VII's Hospital to St Bartholomew's Hospital where doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.
"The Duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week."
It comes after an ambulance was seen pulling away from the King Edward VII's on Monday morning. According to onlookers, umbrellas and a police van were used to prevent cameras catching a glimpse of the patient.
The Duke, along with the Queen, has already received his covid-19 vaccine.
His grandson Prince William said last week that he was "doing OK" amid fears that his health was failing after a continued hospital stay.
In a statement last week, the royal family said: 'His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward V Hospital in London on Tuesday evening. The Duke's admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness's Doctor, after feeling unwell."
They added that Philip was admitted as a "precautionary measure" after not feeling well," adding: "HRH walked into hospital unaided. . . [and] his illness is not Covid-related."
More to follow.
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read