BREAKING: Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh Leaves Hospital
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: PA
Prince Philip has been discharged from hospital after four weeks.
The Queen's husband was spotted leaving London's King Edward VII's hospital on Tuesday morning after a month before being taken back to Windsor.
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "The Duke of Edinburgh has today been discharged from King Edward VII's Hospital and has returned to Windsor Castle, following treatment for an infection and a successful procedure for a pre-existing condition.
"His Royal Highness wishes to thank all the medical staff who looked after him at both King Edward VII's Hospital and St. Bartholomew's Hospital, and everyone who has sent their good wishes."
In a statement last month, the royal family said: 'His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward V Hospital in London on Tuesday evening. The Duke's admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness's Doctor, after feeling unwell."
A souce added at the time that Philip was admitted as a "precautionary measure" after not feeling well," adding: "HRH walked into hospital unaided. . . [and] his illness is not Covid-related."
There was concern the Duke's health was worsening after he was moved to another London hospital, St Bartholomew's for heart surgery - but he was later taken back to King Edward VII where he continued his recovery.
The royal, who celebrates his 100th birthday in June, is said to be in "good spirits".