Parents Warned About Hundreds Of 'Toxic' Fake 'Frozen' Dolls Sold In The UK
The toys were seized by Trading Standards Officers in Warwickshire before the coronavirus lockdown, but it is currently not known if they were sold elsewhere, too.
The fake Disney Frozen merchandise were found to be made with Phthalates - a banned chemical plastic softener linked to asthma, allergies and reproductive problems.
Plus, a second toy labelled "Aagel Girls" also contained the poisonous chemicals which are used in vinyl flooring, toiletries and milk bottles.
That wasn't all, as one of the seized dolls had an electronic "voice box" which included a battery secured with adhesive tape.
More Like ThisMore Like This
There were concerns that this could easily have been removed by a small child, who could then swallow it.
Neither of the seized toys, found in Wellesbourne Market, listed the name or the address of the manufacturer or importer on the packaging, which is a legal requirement.
This means it is far more difficult to discover who really made them, and where else they may also have been sold, if anywhere.
As a result, it also makes it a lot harder to gauge the scale of the issue, and work out just how many children may be at risk.
Trading Standards are now urging parents to immediately stop their children playing with either doll if they have one in their possession, and report it to them immediately.
You can do so by calling the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 2231133. For more help and advice, visit their website here.
When contacted about the fake and potentially dangerous dolls, Warwickshire County Councillor Andy Crump - portfolio holder for community safety - said: "I'm delighted that our Trading Standards Officers are taking this action to protect consumers."
Featured Image Credit: Disney