Lockdown Roadmap UK: Boris Johnson Confirms Rule Of Six Will Return Next Month
Boris Johnson has confirmed the 'rule of six' will return at the end of next month with pubs, salons and non-essential shops reopening in April.
The Prime Minister spoke in the House of Commons on Monday afternoon, outlining the government's plans for the country to return to some sense of normality later on in the year.
It's good news for brides, as small weddings can finally resume from 8th March, later going up to a maximum of 15 guests.
However, Boris Johnson has stressed that these dates are subject to the rates of coronavirus infection and death remaining low.
Step 1: 8th March
- Schools and colleges will open for all students
- Outdoor recreation and exercise with your household, or one other person
- 'Wraparound' childcare outside of normal school hours allowed for all
- Up to 30 people can attend funerals; up to six for wakes and weddings
More Like ThisMore Like This
- Up to two households will be able to meet outdoors
- Outdoor sport and leisure facilities can reopen
- Organised outdoor sport will be allowed
Step 2: 12th April earliest
- Indoor leisure (including gyms) for individuals, or within household groups
- Outdoor attractions such as zoos, theme parks and drive-in cinemas
- Libraries and community centres are permitted to open
- Personal care premises, like salons and hairdressers can open
- All retail is allowed to re-open its doors (including non-essential shops)
- Children's activities including indoor parent and child groups with up to 15 parents
- Outdoor hospitality (including pub and restaurant gardens) reopens with no curfew
- Domestic overnight stays permitted, within households only
- Weddings and receptions for up to 15 guests
- Event pilots will also be able to resume
Step 3: 17th May earliest
- Indoor entertainment and attractions open; domestic stays permitted
- The 'rule of six' or two households permitted indoors, with a 30-person limit outdoors for parties
- Remaining outdoor entertainment can reopen, with large events subject to capacity limits
- Indoor events for up to 1,000 guests of 50 per cent capacity
- Outdoor events for up to 4,000 people or 50 per cent capacity.
- Outdoor seated events permitted for 10,000 or 25 per cent capacity
Step 4 - 21st June earliest
- No legal limits on social contact
- Nightclubs open
- Larger events permitted
- No legal limit on weddings or 'life events'
Featured Image Credit: PA Images
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read