A Terrified Pug Was Left Hanging By His Lead Outside Faulty Lift
In news that will terrify every dog owner, a pug has had a very lucky escape after getting its lead stuck outside a moving lift.
When Helena Isaksson, 47, from Stockholm, stepped inside the lift of her building after taking her pooch Zimba for a walk, she believed her little pug was safely inside too.
But when the doors closed suddenly, six year old Zimba was left stranded outside the lift, with his lead still attached.
Luckily, as the lift started to ascend to the next floor, its emergency system noticed an obstruction and stopped before the poor pug was harmed.
Terrified Zimba - who was hanging at the top of the lift - was howling in terror at the ordeal, when hairdresser Hiwa Halaq, 37 - who was working on the ground floor of the building - heard the commotion.
He said: "I had a customer and was cutting their hair when I heard a dog howling in terror so I went to see what was happening.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"I then saw a dog suspended in the air between the elevator door and the ceiling.
"I pressed the elevator button but nothing happened and I thought about calling the security guard, but that could take some time and I thought the dog might die, so I grabbed a pair of scissors from the salon and used them to cut the lead to save it.
"Thankfully the dog is alive and well, and the owner is very happy."
Hiwa went on to explain that every time he gets in the lift, he is reminded of the traumatic experience and the ordeal poor Zimba went through. He also explained Helena thanked him for his help with a box of chocolates.
"I did what anyone would have done but it was very kind of her to say thank you with chocolates," he said.
We're so glad little Zimba is safe and well. Dog owners, take note!
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read