Advert

Latest

2 days ago
Advert
2 days ago
Advert

Most Popular

3 days ago
Advert

Mum Issues Urgent Warning After Daughter's Neck Is Trapped By Loose Thread On Bedding

Mum Issues Urgent Warning After Daughter's Neck Is Trapped By Loose Thread On Bedding

A mum is warning parents to check their baby's bedding after she awoke to find her two-year-old with a loose thread wrapped around her throat.

Natasha Wright, 27, was horrified to find her baby daughter pinned to her bed by a stray piece of thread from her sheets that had become entangled round her neck.

Advert
Niamh had become entangled in some loose threading (Credit: Caters)
Niamh had become entangled in some loose threading (Credit: Caters)

The mum, from Weymouth, Dorset, recalled: "I made the bed at the weekend. When I had it inside out I didn't notice any thread or anything like that.

"Every morning when I got her out of bed to make it with her I didn't notice anything.

"When I went in to wake her up on Thursday morning she was in the bed with her hand on her throat."

Natasha says she's purchased the bedding before Christmas and had used it several times prior to the incident.

Advert
The two-year-old was left with a red sore around her throat (Credit: Caters)
The two-year-old was left with a red sore around her throat (Credit: Caters)

She continued: "Niamh has a cough at the moment so I said: 'Darling, do you have a sore throat?'

"She said yes and as I went to pick her up she was heavier than usual, I couldn't pick her up.

"It took a couple of seconds for me to realise that the reason she was leaning back was because she was essentially tied to the bed.

"That's when I noticed the thread. I ripped it off to get it off her neck."

The long piece of thread could have been a choking hazard. Luckily, Niamh was ok (Credit: Caters)
The long piece of thread could have been a choking hazard. Luckily, Niamh was ok (Credit: Caters)

Little Niamh was left with a red raw mark on her neck, but thankfully, the skin did not break.

"It was horrendous. Niamh was an absolute trooper bless her. Not a single tear was shed and she was very brave," says mum Natasha.

"I on the other hand was an absolute wreck.

"We are very lucky that she was absolutely fine. We were very lucky."

The doting mother says that despite the panic, things could have been so much worse, and she's now urging other mothers to be aware.

Loose threads on bedding is certainly not something we'd have considered as a safety hazard, but it's helpful to know to take extra care.

Featured Image Credit: Caters

Topics: Life News, Parenting, Real Life

Ciara Sheppard

Ciara is a freelance writer working for Tyla. After graduating with an English Lit and Media degree from the University of Sussex, Ciara held jobs at GLAMOUR and Yahoo Style before packing up for a solo travelling trip around South America.

 

Next Up

Mum Issues Urgent Warning After Daughter's Neck Is Trapped By Loose Thread On Bedding

Mum Issues Urgent Warning After Daughter's Neck Is Trapped By Loose Thread On Bedding

2 months ago