Firefighters Come To Rescue After Little Boy Gets Toilet Seat Stuck On His Head
If your 2020 is getting off to a less-than-ideal start, then this is bound to make you feel better.
A two-year-old boy from Cornwall has become quite literally the butt of the joke after an entire team of firefighters had to come to his rescue when he got a toilet seat stuck on his head.
The little one had managed to get his head trapped in his plastic training toilet seat - much to mum Sarah's bemusement.
Hurrying out of the shower, the estate agent tried to remove the seat with help from Flynn but with no luck, so rang her mum for advice on what to do.
She recommended Sarah ring 101, and was told that firefighters were the best fit for the job of freeing her son.
Sarah said: "We both tried to get it off and couldn't. I was trying to pull it off, but nothing was working."
"I got out of the shower and changed then called my mum to work out what to do. After calling 101, they advised I get in touch with the local fire service because they would have the tools to free him."
Expecting a small fire van and one or two firefighters to show up, Sarah was amazed and slightly embarrassed to see a full blown engine complete with a team of firemen show up in her quiet cul-de-sac.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"I nearly died," she said."They were all in stitches when they saw Flynn, who at the time was quite happy playing with his trains whilst a toilet seat was stuck on his head."
"They snapped the seat and released him and everything was ok, we were all laughing our heads off."
The firemen used a screwdriver to loosen up the bolts in the seat before snapping it off safely with their hands.
When the cheeky toddler was finally saved, as a reward for remaining calm, the firefighters gave him a tour of their fire engine and even let him sit in the driver's seat.
Sarah said: "The firemen were amazing, Flynn is usually really shy but with them he was full of chatter."
"They let him hop inside the fire engine and everyone got some pictures, so it all ended up ok in the end.
"The neighbours were in bits, one of them came out and said she had to take some pictures because she was laughing so much."
Sarah said in future she'll keep a closer eye on Flynn when he's near his potty - let's hope it doesn't put him off toilet training for life!
Featured Image Credit: Caters