Advert

Latest

2 days ago
Advert
2 days ago
Advert

Most Popular

4 days ago
Advert

Dog Owner Warning Of Dangers Of Rope Toys After Death Of Golden Retriever

Dog Owner Warning Of Dangers Of Rope Toys After Death Of Golden Retriever

A dog owner is warning of the dangers of "extremely sturdy and impossible to destroy" rope toys after her Golden retriever died of perforated intestines.

Indira Tuckler took to Facebook to warn other dog owners after she bought several of the rope toys for her Golden Retrievers believing they were "extremely sturdy and impossible to destroy", only to discover her dogs had ripped them "in pieces" straight away.

Advert
Credit: Facebook/Indira Tuckler
Credit: Facebook/Indira Tuckler

"The ball unraveled and tore several holes in her intestines as she tried to pass it. They removed 3 feet of rope that was entangled in her intestines," Indira wrote in the post, which has been shared more than 32,000 times.

"They also removed 14 inches of perforated intestines. The damage from the rope was so extensive that she passed away two days later.

Credit: Facebook/Indira Tuckler
Credit: Facebook/Indira Tuckler

"We did not even have the option of having another surgery. She quickly became septic and bled from her intestines into her stomach. I wanted to warn everyone of how dangerous these toys are."

Advert

While rope toys are hugely popular with many dogs, Indira continued: "Linear objects pose more danger because they travel along the intestines causing more damage as they clinch the intestines into a tight ball.

Credit: eBay
Credit: eBay

"According to an article posted by Germantown Veterinary Clinic 'Ropes are the most dangerous objects your dog can swallow'.

"These toys are extremely dangerous yet they are sold in common and reputable stores."

While many people offered their condolences on the post, one critical follower commented: "I'm sorry for your loss, that is very devastating and sad.

"But this Is The #1 mistake that all most dog owners make. Never leave your dogs to have free range unsupervised with any and all toys especially if you know your dog is a chewer."

Another concerned owner wrote: "I bought a rope with a ball at home goods and it did not last for more than a day. I am so worried she swallowed some rope too."

Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Indira Tuckler

Topics: Dog, Life News, Real

Emma Rosemurgey

Emma Rosemurgey is an NCTJ trained Junior Journalist at Tyla. She graduated from the University of Central Lancashire in Preston and started her career in regional newspapers before joining the team in 2017. Contact her on [email protected]

 

Next Up

Burger King Launches Vegan ‘Whopper’ Burger In The US

Burger King Launches Vegan ‘Whopper’ Burger In The US

7 months ago