Naughty Cat Floods Couple's Home Causing £15,000 Worth Of Damage
No? Well, that's what happened to Amber and Joe Fauser.
The couple's naughty Bengal cat, Eve, turned the tap on overnight, flooding the entire downstairs of their house in Adelaide, South Australia.
While the couple were sound asleep upstairs, they assumed their furry pal was curled up in the laundry room.
But Joe, 25, who works as a security guard and is an early bird, discovered a rather different story when he woke up for his shift at 6am.
Coming downstairs, the Aussie was greeted with pools of water. Rushing to check on his pet moggy, he discovered one-year-old Eve sitting on top of the washing machine.
Beside her, the laundry tap was gushing water into the room. The trouble-making puss had turned it on with her paw.
Wanting to fix the damage as soon as possible, the couple immediately called local tradesmen to help dry out their property.
The pair were shocked to discover that the cost of repairing eight hours' worth of flood damage would cost them a whopping £15,700 [$30,000 AUD].
It took a flood emergency services team a whole day to dry the house, including sucking up excess water and ripping up the floorboards and sodden carpet.
30 different dryers and humidifiers were required to fix the problem and stayed in place for seven days, causing the couple's electricity bill to sky rocket.
More Like ThisMore Like This
To make matters worse, the couple had only moved into the house three months prior to the drama.
22-year-old student, Amber said: "My husband and I went to bed at about 10pm and we had put Eve in the laundry room to sleep, as we have done for the past year.
"Around 6am the next morning, Joe woke up for work, he went out of our room to get his uniform and was greeted by water almost at our front door.
"He quickly went to find the source of where it was coming from and found Eve on top of the washing machine with the laundry tap on full blast...
"We knew it was Eve straight away because she is always causing havoc and playing with things because the Bengal in her makes her super curious.
"We then had to call up Joe's work and my uni to inform them we wouldn't be in today as we dealt with the aftermaths of Eve."
The couple have been forced to install baby locks around their home to stop the mischievous puss from repeating her antics.
Needless to say, Eve isn't allowed in the laundry room anymore.
"We bought her an outdoor enclosure with access to the garage and only let them roam the house when someone is home and awake!" said Amber.
Less 'cat that got the cream', more cat that got the industrial cleaners in.
Featured Image Credit: Caters
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read