Advert

Latest

an hour ago
Advert
an hour ago
Advert

Most Popular

a day ago
Advert

Mum Issues Warning After Aldi Washing Tablet Lands Daughter In Hospital With Burn

Mum Issues Warning After Aldi Washing Tablet Lands Daughter In Hospital With Burn

A mum has issued an urgent warning to fellow parents after a washing machine gel tablet landed her daughter in hospital with a burn.

Emma Stone shared her experience on Facebook after her three-year-old daughter Willow ended up in A&E.

The curious tot managed to get hold of an Almat bio liquid sachet, which then burst in her hand.

The liquid gel contents landed on Willow's leg, giving her a nasty red burn.

Advert
The liquid contents of the tablet gave Willow a nasty red burn (Credit: Emma Stone)
The liquid contents of the tablet gave Willow a nasty red burn (Credit: Emma Stone)

After discovering what had happened, Emma rushed her daughter to hospital where she was taken to the burns unit to be treated.

The mum later posted about the ordeal in Facebook group Family Lockdown Tips and Ideas Group in order to raise awareness.

She wrote: "I wanted to share an experience that I hope none of you ever have to go through but it's to share the warning as I didn't know the dangers before this happened along with a lot of my personal friends and family.

Advert

"Washing machine gel tablets!!

"My three-year-old daughter managed to get hold of one from the utility room and burst it in her hands.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Life

Mum Issues Firework Warning After Finger Blows Off

The Almat bio liquid sachet burst in Willow's hands
The Almat bio liquid sachet burst in Willow's hands

While in this instance the washing machine tablet in question appears to be made by Aldi-owned brand Almat, the same risks apply to all bio liquid sachets. Emma urged parents to be extra careful and keep liquid gel tablets well out of reach of children.

Advert
Mum Issues Warning After Chest Of Drawers Almost Crushes Her Triplets
Life

Mum Issues Warning After Chest Of Drawers Almost Crushes Her Triplets

published at5 months ago

She continued: "I immediately undressed her and cleaned her up however we must have missed a very small amount."

"We were admitted overnight whilst they treated the burn and we will be seen as an outpatient for new dressings.

"Please, please be aware of these tablets. I knew they posed a risk but thought that was if they ate them not if they got the liquid on their skin."

"Such a small thing can cause this much damage and pain," she added.

Advert

A spokesperson for Aldi repeated Emma's warning, telling The Sun: "We would urge parents to keep washing products out of reach of children, in line with guidance on the packaging.

"We wish Willow a speedy recovery."

Tyla has reached out to Aldi for comment.

Featured Image Credit: Emma Stone

Topics: Aldi, Mum, Life

Chosen for YouChosen for You

People Are Calling For NHS Workers To Get A 'Proper' Pay Rise
published at3 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Entertainment

Meghan Markle Oprah Interview: Duchess Claims Royal Family Are 'Perpetuating Falsehoods' About Her And Prince Harry

published ata day ago

Mary-Jane Wiltsher

Mary-Jane Wiltsher is a freelance lifestyle and culture journalist. Elsewhere she writes for Stylist, Euronews, PHOENIX and What We Seee.