A paramedic and mother has shared a life-saving video of how to easily spot which items could be a choking risk to your child - and every parent needs to see it.
You can watch it below:
"Say hello to my favourite parenting hack!" Nikki wrote.
"This is how I check to see if food or small items may potentially be a choking hazard for my bubs. The circle is approx the size of a child's airway aged 0-3. If anything can fit in this hole, then it's a choking hazard.
"Tag a mama who needs to see this!"
In the mega informative video, Nikki can be seen holding her finger and thumb together, creating the size of a child's airway. She then drops different items through the hole to demonstrate which items are a hazard.
Some items include cherries, grapes, coins, hair clips, popcorn and other bits and bobs.
"Avoid and keep out of reach of little hands," explained Nikki.
Nikki explained that of course, the video is a general guide only, explaining how the clip demonstrates just how many items could fit in the airway.
"This hack was created to help you find choking hazards and potentially save the life your little one! It is designed to show you how easily an object could get stuck in an airway and block it," said Nikki.
"Take the grape, for example, if not in quarters the full grape could completely block the airway. It helps create awareness of certain objects that match this hole's size and may be a choking hazard. This is, of course, a general guide only.
"It helps you to see that there are A LOT of things that can fit, which means there are a lot of potential hazards around. This will help you when making buying decisions for toys and even with preparing food for your bub."
And parents were so grateful for the informative clip, with one writing: "Such a great reminder! Especially when you have an older child who has toys / hair clips etc that fit into those categories."
While another said: "Oh thanks for sharing! I'm just about to sort the kids toys to remove any choking hazard with my littlest about to start crawling and reaching for toys. Such a clever way to pick out choking hazard toys!"
Every parent needs to watch this!
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read