Advert

Teenager Left With Horrific Burns After iPhone Charger 'Explodes' While She Slept

Published 
| Last updated 

Teenager Left With Horrific Burns After iPhone Charger 'Explodes' While She Slept

*Warning: This article contains graphic imagery*

A teenager was left with horrific burns after her iPhone charger exploded into flames on her bed while she was asleep.

Amie Hall, 17, had been falling asleep in her bed she became aware of a bright orange glow on the duvet next to her at around 2am of Thursday, 18th March.

After leaping out of bed as the flames took hold she suffered a burn to her cheek.

Advert

She then called for her mum who was able to extinguish the blaze before it spread to the other rooms of their house in Kitts Green, Birmingham.

Amie suffered severe burns to her face (Credit: SWNS)
Amie suffered severe burns to her face (Credit: SWNS)

The former dental nurse is now warning others about the dangers of charging their gadgets overnight following the frightening incident.

She said: "I just want people to be aware and stay safe as this could have been a lot worse. It was extremely scary and I was left in complete shock.

Advert

"I had just been lying down and I was falling asleep when I became aware of flashing orange colours next to me.

Amie's duvet caught fire (Credit: SWNS)
Amie's duvet caught fire (Credit: SWNS)

"I ran out of my room and shouted my mum and luckily she managed to put out the fire without the need to call the fire brigade.

"The burn was very sore but I know it could have been more serious. The flames just caught me as it burnt through my duvet.

Advert

"My home is where my family is safe and if my house would have gone up in flames it would have been the worst feeling."

Amie also took to social media to share pictures of her nasty burns and to highlight the dangers of overnight phone charging.

Amie is now warning others after her iPhone charger caught fire while she slept (Credit: SWNS)
Amie is now warning others after her iPhone charger caught fire while she slept (Credit: SWNS)

She wrote on Facebook: "Please keep in mind when charging your phone.

Advert

"So 2am this morning I was lying down as you do on my phone. Plugged in my charger and it set alight.

"My bed cover/duvet set on fire and also caught my face. This isn't even a cheap charger, it's an Apple charger.

"Please don't go to bed and leave your phone charging overnight.

A spokesperson for Apple responded after Amie's charger caught fire (Credit: SWNS)
A spokesperson for Apple responded after Amie's charger caught fire (Credit: SWNS)
Advert

"If I was asleep this could have been a lot worse and this could have set my whole family home up with all my family in.

"Please be aware that this can happen to anyone and could be a lot worse. It's dangerous. Please share."

A spokeswoman for Apple said: "Apple takes customer safety very seriously, is in touch with the customer and looking into the matter."

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

Topics: Life News, Life

Gregory Robinson
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Release Adorable Image Of Archie On 2nd Birthday

a day ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Tasty

Nestle Launching Orange Yorkie Bars In The UK From Next Week

3 days ago