Advert

Latest

11 hours ago
Advert
12 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

2 days ago
Advert

Woman Issues Warning After Dog Dies From Eating Houseplant

Woman Issues Warning After Dog Dies From Eating Houseplant

A dog owner is sharing a warning after her beloved French Bulldog died in her arms after eating some leaves from a common houseplant.

Kate Wagner shared the story of her "sweet baby Lily" who she says ended up fighting for her life in the emergency unit at the vets for a week.

Little Lily died a few weeks after being admitted to the vets after eating some of the plant (Credit: Kate Wagner)
Little Lily died a few weeks after being admitted to the vets after eating some of the plant (Credit: Kate Wagner)

The Frenchie had eaten some of Kate's Sago Palm - a common house plant that is extremely toxic to humans and animals - and had started to exhibit signs she was sick soon after.

Advert

"This past week has been an extremely difficult journey for us," she writes in the post. "Our sweet baby Lily got into one of my houseplants and ended up fighting for her life at the emergency vet for nearly a week.

"She is now home with a feeding tube and a medication schedule that spans from 7 AM until 12 AM daily. There have been many tears shed, dollars spent, and guilt felt... all because of a $5 plant."

Kate added: "I had no idea when I purchased it from a big box garden center last summer that this little 6-inch plant would become my nightmare."

Advert

Despite being allowed to return home with a feeding tube and medication, Lily's condition deteriorated, and on Saturday 16th May, Kate posted the devastating update that Lily had passed away.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Life

Woman Issues Urgent Warning After Her Dog Suffers A Stroke

"Lily passed away in our arms," the owner wrote. "She fought hard, loved hard, and gave us a couple butt wiggles just before she just couldn't fight any longer.

Lily was sent home with a feeding tube (Credit: Kate Wagner)
Lily was sent home with a feeding tube (Credit: Kate Wagner)

"We loved her so very much and gave her all the love and care in the weeks since the incident we could possibly give. We are truly devastated."

Advert
Woman Issues Urgent Warning After Her Dog Suffers A Stroke
Life

Woman Issues Urgent Warning After Her Dog Suffers A Stroke

published at6 months ago

The bereaved pet owner finished by saying: "If you are a houseplant lover, please research your house plants prior to purchasing.

"Even if you think the house plant is in a secure location, mischievous little paws may still get into trouble."

The Sago Palm is toxic to animals and humans when eaten (Credit: Walmart)
The Sago Palm is toxic to animals and humans when eaten (Credit: Walmart)

All parts of the Sago Palm are extremely toxic to humans and animals, and can cause liver failure and death from even minimal exposure. This includes the trunk, roots, leaves, and small berry-like seeds.

Advert

If you're unsure, the Dog's Trust have put together a poisonous plants fact sheet.

Featured Image Credit: Kate Wagner

Topics: Life News, Pets, Life

Chosen for YouChosen for You

People Left Baffled By Moschino's £750 Baguette Clutch Bag
published at16 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Tasty

Asda Is Selling A Giant Chocolate And Caramel Eclair That Serves 10 People

published at2 days ago

Ciara Sheppard

Ciara is a freelance writer working for Tyla. After graduating with an English Lit and Media degree from the University of Sussex, Ciara held jobs at GLAMOUR and Yahoo Style before packing up for a solo travelling trip around South America.