Teen Left Out A Mouldy Plate Of Food So Long It Now Looks Like A Fluffy Cushion
Denise Sankey from Appley Bridge, Greater Manchester, discovered the grey mouldy mass in the microwave, after her 19-year-old daughter Liv Taylor left her dinner inside.
The horrified mum had to clean out the microwave with bleach and hot water following the grim discovery.
She then shared snaps of the mould mound online and even appealed for someone to take Liv "off her hands", saying she would pay them.
Denise said: "I don't use the microwave very often and I was putting something in there I opened the microwave door and that was what I was greeted with - this big ball of what looked like a dead grey cat.
"You know the Specsavers ad where he's trying to resuscitate the cat and it's a hat? That's exactly what it put me in mind of.
"It had gone past mould, it was disgusting. It looked like Cousin Itt from The Addams Family."
Denise's full post reads: "Does anyone want Liv Taylor? I'm giving her away free to a good home, no actually, I will pay someone to take her and I don't care if it's a good home or not
"I have just gone to put something in the microwave which I don't use very often and I found her half eaten tea from last week, I can't cope with her, please someone send help xx."
The leftover sweet chilli chicken and noodles dish had festered in the kitchen's built-in microwave as it has a blacked-out door, so neither Denise nor Liv could see it.
Pet shop owner Denise said: "Obviously I can't throw my microwave away because it's built into my kitchen so then I used hot water and bleach and I've not used it since.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"It's got a blacked-out door so you can't just see in the microwave as you're walking past and when I opened it that's what I saw.
"She has done it before but not to that extent, it wasn't that bad.
"Since sharing the post I've had no offers."
Pet shop worker Liv joked she thought it was 'unfair' her mum was trying to palm her off to someone else.
Liv, from Appley Bridge, Greater Manchester, said: "I cooked a full tub of chicken and I couldn't eat it all so I put it in the microwave but then I went out and I just forgot it was in there.
"My mum shouted me [down] and it had grown fluff. I just forgot it was in there, it didn't smell so I think that's why we didn't realise.
"I saw the Facebook post, she keeps trying to give me away to everyone. It's not very fair is it? I've got it too good at home so it's easier to stay at home."
This is Addams family-worthy stuff for sure, Liv!
Featured Image Credit: Kennedy News
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read