Chester Zoo Is Hiring Someone To Look After Its Monkeys And Primates
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Chester Zoo
Day-to-day, the successful candidate will look after the daily care and management of fascinating primate species like Sulawesi Macaques, Lion Tailed Macaques, Spider monkeys and Mandrills.
In terms of smaller species, you'll be responsible for furry inhabitants like Lemurs, Marmosets and Tamarins.
The temporary, six-month Primate Keeper role is a full-time position, and you'll be working alongside a team of people who are passionate about animal care and conservation.
Think you've got what it takes? You can read the full job spec below, and apply here.
The post will involve the daily care and management of a variety of primate species ranging from Sulawesi Macaques, Lion Tailed Macaques, Spider monkeys and Mandrills, to smaller species such as Lemurs, Marmosets and Tamarins, therefore experience working with these species is required.
Chester Zoo aims to set a benchmark for animal welfare and the successful candidate must be able to deliver an excellent level of animal husbandry, care and welfare for the assigned mammals; ensuring that all enclosures and facilities are maintained to the highest possible standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- A HND or degree level qualification in a zoological related science or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in the care and management of a wide variety of primate species, as well as the highest standards of exhibitry
- Outstanding observational skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Experience implementing environmental enrichment and working within strict Safe Working Practices
- Confidence in and around deep water and be able to work at heights
- A full driving licence valid in the UK
It would be advantageous:
- To be competent in the use of computers and basic software packages, including ZIMS software, in order to maintain accurate records.
- To have experience of implementing guest experiences to a very high standard
This is a temporary position for 6 months. Hours of work are 40 hours per week, worked 10 days out of 14, including weekends and Bank Holidays as rostered.
The salary for this position is £21,934.33 per annum, on a 40 hours per week, with additional benefits.
For more information or to apply, click here.