NHS Tribute Rainbow Manis Are The Uplifting Beauty Trend We Need In Lockdown
There are so many ways to work this look, from dinky NHS slogans and fine-tip stripes of colour, to rainbow tips and colourful twists on chic French manis.
Tyla trawled Insta for the best rainbow nail art and enlisted the help of a nail technician to share how to recreate the look at home.
Rachel Hemmings (@rachelsbeauty), a self-employed nail technician from Abergavenny, South Wales, created an adorable NHS tribute rainbow design on a marshmallow pink base, spangled with stars.
She told Tyla: "Our NHS is doing such a wonderful job in the current situation at the moment. I felt like I wanted to do this design as a token of my appreciation of all their hard work both now and in the future."
For Rachel's NHS mani you will need:
- Base coat
- Base colour of your choice (I used blue)
- 5 rainbow colours
- Top coat
- Striper brush
- UV lamp (optional)
- Cotton bud or pad in case of mistakes
1. File your nails into your desired shape and gently buff.
2. Apply a clear base coat and leave to dry.
3. Apply your base colour and leave to dry.
4. Start your rainbow with any colour you like. Using your thin-tipped striper brush, draw the shape of your rainbow, I have swirled mine through each nail.
5. Wait for each colour to dry or put in UV lamp for 30 seconds if using gel polish.
6. Repeat these steps with each different colour until your rainbow is complete.
7. Apply a shiny top coat and your look is complete.
Top tip: If you struggle to draw this design, I'd recommend using a picture as a guide. You can also use a thin paint brush if you don't have a striping brush.
Happy nail painting, people.
Featured Image Credit: Instragram @rachelsbeauty / @mannacured