Boyfriend Left In Hysterics After Epic Home Hair Dye Fail
Lockdown has been a learning curve for most of us when it comes to our beauty, but one man is sure to never make the same mistake again after a monumental fail when dying his girlfriend's hair.
It all started when Rachelle Broome, 26, from Warrington, Cheshire, grew tired of her ombre hair in lockdown and decided to switch it up, buying two bottles of permanent dark brown hair dye.
Recruiting her boyfriend Hayden Cook, 27, to help her with the job while hairdressers are still closed, the delivery driver set to work on Rachelle's hair.
However, Hayden began to apply the dark dye to barehanded, after the protective gloves that were provided split. After finishing, the doting boyfriend tried to wash hands but soon realised the substance wasn't budging.
"I had brown to blonde ombre hair and wanted to change it up but I obviously can't go to the hairdressers during lockdown, so I bought two boxes of dark brown permanent hair dye," Rachelle said.
"I was just going to do it myself but then I thought it might be easier if my partner Hayden did it for me as he would be able to see the back of my head.
"He agreed to help and tried putting the gloves on that came with it, but he split them straight away because his hands must have been too big."
She continued: "He said it was fine and he would do it without them - I didn't even think it would stain his hands.
"He put the dye on my hair and it took a good 45 minutes to apply because my hair is quite thick.
"Afterwards he went to wash his hands in the bathroom with soap and water and it wasn't budging at all - the water was just running clear.
"I suggested he tried turps because it's good for getting paint off hands but still nothing, it wasn't even lifting a tiny bit, so that's when we started to panic - I felt so guilty!"
More Like ThisMore Like This
Out of ideas, Rachelle frantically posted in the Mrs Hinch cleaning page on Facebook, desperately asking for tips on how to get the dye off Hayden's hands before he went to work on Monday.
The tips flooded in, but nothing was working.
Rachelle said: "We tried scrubbing it with whatever we had under the kitchen sink and nothing worked.
"A lot of people suggested rubbing cigarette ash over his hands as apparently that's an old trick that hairdressers used to use, but we didn't try that as we don't smoke!
"Hayden was back in work on Monday and going to people's houses to deliver food, so he didn't want people to see the stained hands because at a glance it looks like dirt and oil.
"He's been wearing latex gloves so people haven't really batted an eyelid, but his boss spotted it at the depot and wondered what on earth he had done.
"His hands have faded a bit now because he must be sweating a bit in the gloves, so in two days hopefully it'll be gone forever."
With the hilarious post racking up over 3,000 likes and 2,500 comments, the couple have since been able to laugh off the incident - though Rachelle says she'll think twice about asking for Hayden's help with her hair in future.
"At first you should've seen the look on his face but now he's not too bothered because he's used to it," she added.
"I don't think he will ever dye my hair again - not unless he can get some man-sized gloves!"
Note to self: ALWAYS. WEAR. GLOVES.
Featured Image Credit: Caters
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read