Advert

Woman Shocked As Dog Left Covered In Blood - But It Was Actually Lipstick

Published 

Woman Shocked As Dog Left Covered In Blood - But It Was Actually Lipstick

One dog owner got a nasty surprise when she found her pet covered in "blood" - only to discover her little pooch had snaffled some red lipstick.

Jordan Gilletti, from Massachusetts, America, feared her beloved English Bulldog Alice had fallen victim to a terrible accident when she found the pup laying limply and covered with what appeared to be blood.

However, upon closer inspection, the 30-year-old operations manager discovered Alice, four, had instead been chewing on some red lipstick - and was instead lying on her back, waiting for a belly rub.

Naughty Alice gave Jordan the shock of her life (Credit: Caters)
Naughty Alice gave Jordan the shock of her life (Credit: Caters)
Advert

Jordan, who also owns a second English bulldog, five-year-old Edgar, can now finally see the funny side after initially being horrified.

Discussing the story, she explained: "I had gone to bed but I think Alice must have snuck up behind me and I didn't realise.

"We live in an old house, so the floorboard is a little bit uneven. So, I think she must have somehow knocked my dressing table and my lipstick then fell on the floor.

Jordan's dog had no regrets (Credit: Caters)
Jordan's dog had no regrets (Credit: Caters)
Advert

"As I was asleep in bed, with both dogs now in my room, I was woken up by a strange chomping noise."

Jordan got out of bed to turn the light on to see what the noise was.

"I initially saw Alice and got the fright of my life. At first, I thought she had blood all over her," she said.

"At that moment my heart completely sank as I thought something really serious had happened.

Advert

"Then I looked at Edgar, and he was chewing an empty lipstick container.

"That's when I realised she had eaten my lipstick and was just waiting for a belly rub from me.

Jordan has two English bulldogs (Credit: Caters)
Jordan has two English bulldogs (Credit: Caters)

"I was so relieved. It looked like Alice had no regrets and was pretty pleased with herself.

Advert

"I was worried that she might become sick from eating it, but thankfully she was completely fine."

While Alice was thankfully as safe as ever, having developed a habit of chewing on items, getting the lipstick stains out of her fur was no laughing matter.

"It was so hard to get the lipstick out of her fur, eventually it faded out.

Luckily, Alice was A-OK (Credit: Caters)
Luckily, Alice was A-OK (Credit: Caters)
Advert

"Although she ate my favourite lipstick, I am so glad that was the case and she wasn't really covered in blood.

"She scared me to death!"

Jordan will have to be better at hiding her make-up in the future...

Featured Image Credit: Caters

Topics: Dog, Pets, Life, Real Life, Animals, Dogs

Kimberley Bond
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Life

Women Are Loving This Hot Water Bottle Pouch

3 days ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Life

Women Are Loving This Hot Water Bottle Pouch

3 days ago