Advert

Latest

13 hours ago
Advert
14 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

a day ago
Advert

Woman Uses Conditioner Instead Of Cooking Spray For Entire Week

Woman Uses Conditioner Instead Of Cooking Spray For Entire Week

We've all had some cooking fails in our time, but accidentally putting hair conditioner into all your meals for a week? That might just be our favourite one yet.

Yep, that's what 24-year-old bungling chef Hannah Lovatt did - rustling up seven days worth of meals for her and her fiancé packed full of Palmers leave in conditioner. Yum.

Hannah, from Mexborough, South Yorks, had mistaken the spray conditioner bottle for a one calorie cooking oil, and was happily spritzing it into her pan without a care in the world.

The mental health support worker only realised her blunder when her partner Becky became ill and she also felt a little uneasy.

Advert

Then, they noticed a strange taste when tucking into a chicken pasta bake.

Hannah and her fiance had consumed half a bottle of conditioner (Credit: Caters)
Hannah and her fiance had consumed half a bottle of conditioner (Credit: Caters)

Luckily, after discovering she'd been chowing down on hair conditioner, Becky managed to see the funny side. Hannah said: "We hadn't tasted anything off for a whole week but as soon as we tried the pasta we knew something was wrong.

"We checked all the herbs in the cupboard, read all the packaging and Becky realised I'd been using conditioner instead of oil.

Advert

"It was hilarious and Becky was just laughing at me but she'd had an upset stomach and now we know why.

"I'd been cooking with it for at least a week and I'd made literally everything with it so I don't know how we didn't taste anything. We've gone through half a bottle!"

They do look similar, tbf... (Credit: Caters)
They do look similar, tbf... (Credit: Caters)

Looking back Hannah said there were things she should have noticed, like the fact the chicken kept sticking to the frying pan when she used the oil.

At the time, she just blamed the pan, and threw it out, instead.

Advert

Hannah shared the hilarious incident on Facebook and the post has since gone viral, racking up 15,000 comments and 14,000 shares.

"Everyone is just saying how funny it is," she laughed. "I do think I'm quite a funny person but I didn't think I was that stupid.

Luckily the girls managed to laugh at the mishap (Credit: Caters)
Luckily the girls managed to laugh at the mishap (Credit: Caters)

"We'd just moved into a new place together so I'd done a big shop and I'd used it on literally everything and we both felt a bit ill.

"The bottle must have been in the wrong aisle and they do look really alike - but the fact that it was Palmers made me laugh."

We wonder if someone else has obliviously been spritzing Fry Light onto their hair all week?!

Featured Image Credit: Caters

Topics: Cooking, Life News, Tasty Food, Funny, Life

Joanna Freedman

Joanna is a journalist at Tyla with a particular interest in highlighting women's issues and telling inspiring first person stories. She's also their resident foodie, and loves covering exciting new beauty launches, too. Contact her at [email protected]

 

Next Up

Disney Reveals New Details About Its Cruise Ship

Disney Reveals New Details About Its Cruise Ship

a month ago