People Are Making Breakfast Pizza And You Need To Try It
Pizza has to be one of our favourite foods, so who says you can't have it for breakfast?
You can see a clip of it below...
So what exactly is it? Well, it's a pizza, topped with scrambled eggs and whatever else you fancy, be it bacon, sausages, beans, avocado - you name it.
Gordon's concoction features eggs, asparagus and mushrooms, but you can basically throw in whatever you like.
And heaps of social media users have been trying it too, with plenty of egg-cellent (soz) examples to be found on Instagram.
Including this delicious looking design by @foodismysaviorr:
We've also added a recipe below, which you can switch up based on your own toppings/preferences! We know exactly what we're having for breakfast this weekend...
- Ready made pizza dough - or feel free to rustle up your own
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Toppings of choice (for example, bacon, sausages, avocado, tomatoes, feta cheese)
- Salt and pepper
- Allow your pizza dough to warm to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Dust plain flour onto a flat surface and using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness and around 10 inches wide. Feel free to modify depending on how you prefer your base.
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- If your toppings require cooking or frying, do so now, or for ingredients such as feta or avocado, begin to prepare.
- In a separate pan, crack the eggs and stir with a wooden spoon, add to a low to medium heat and keep stirring, adding in a little butter along the way.
- Add some salt, pepper and chives to taste before removing from the heat. Make sure the eggs are cooked, but not rubbery.
- Pour the scrambled eggs onto the cooked pizza dough and voila! It's ready to serve.
Anyone else seriously craving scrambled egg right now? It's a good thing we're making this for breakfast.
Featured Image Credit: Gordon Ramsay/YouTube