Advert

Latest

6 hours ago
Advert
6 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

a day ago
Advert

Concerned Mum Warns Parents To Cut Cadbury Mini Eggs In Half

Concerned Mum Warns Parents To Cut Cadbury Mini Eggs In Half

A worried mum is warning other parents to cut Mini Eggs in half before giving them to children over fears of choking.

The hugely popular confectionary treats are a regular snack among children in the run up to Easter, but this mum believes they shouldn't be given to any child below the age of four as she claims they're a choking hazard.

Advert
Cadbury Mini Eggs are pretty much synonymous with Easter Credit: Cadbury
Cadbury Mini Eggs are pretty much synonymous with Easter Credit: Cadbury

Taking to Facebook, the woman wrote on her page Nanny Valentine - Behaviour coach:"Many parents are now aware of the dangers of grapes and cut them in half.

"Many parents don't even see these chocolate treats as a danger but they are and mustn't be given to children under 4!

"I cringe every time I see little ones munching on these delicious treats.

Advert

"They are hard and the perfect shape to get lodged in a child's throat. If this post saves a little one from a terrible accident then it's worth me posting.

Credit: Facebook
Credit: Facebook

"My children are often bought these at Easter but sorry boys mummy has to eat these.

"Please share and help raise awareness of the danger of these eggs to our little ones."

Credit: Cadbury
Credit: Cadbury

The post was originally shared in 2017, where it received thousands of shares from people who wanted to pass on their concerns to other parents.

Experts have also warned that "anything of that size can be a choking hazard."

Isobel Kearl, National Training Officer, told the Mirror: "We would encourage parents to cut up their child's food into small (lengthwise) pieces and be vigilant at all times especially when children are eating.

"Knowing basic first aid can have an incredible impact. Armed with this knowledge parents will gain the confidence to take action quickly, and ensure that they are able to act if their child starts to choke."

Just last year a grieving mum came forward to warn other parents of the hazard after her three-year-old daughter passed away from choking on a Cadbury Mini Egg.

You know that means... more chocolate for us adults!

Featured Image Credit: Cadbury

Topics: Life News, Real, Food And Drink, Parenting, easter

Emma Rosemurgey

Emma Rosemurgey is an NCTJ trained Junior Journalist at Tyla. She graduated from the University of Central Lancashire in Preston and started her career in regional newspapers before joining the team in 2017. Contact her on [email protected]

 

Next Up

B&M Is Selling Glow-In-The-Dark Unicorn Duvets And Homeware For Kids

B&M Is Selling Glow-In-The-Dark Unicorn Duvets And Homeware For Kids

8 months ago