| Last updated
Warning: This article contains content and footage that some readers may find upsetting.
Millie Taplin's body was left suffering horrific seizures due to the effects of an unknown drug slipped into her drink.
Distraught mum Claire, 48, is seen in the video comforting her 18-year-old daughter as she lay contorting and unable to control her legs and hands.
Watch the video below:
"I've never seen anything like it. Millie was aware of what was happening but couldn't speak.
"It was horrendous, she looked possessed," said Claire.
Millie believes her drink was spiked by a man who had been talking to her earlier in the night who had brought two drinks back from the bar at Moo Moos nightclub in Southend, Essex.
"Millie only took two sips of the drink, we're lucky it wasn't any more.
"She felt sick almost immediately and went outside. She knew she wasn't drunk but was slumped in a nearby alleyway.
"I'm so thankful her friends were there for her, otherwise who knows what would have happened.
"There are no words for what I could say to the person responsible.
"She was really excited about going out on Saturday, she was so happy. It's such a shame."
Millie was discharged home after being held in overnight.
Police have confirmed that they are investigating the incident.
Research by the BBC Radio 5 Live Investigations Unit carried out in 2019 found there were at least 2,650 reports of drink spiking in England Wales between 2015 and 2019 and 71 per cent of victims were women.
Drink spiking with drugs such as Gamma Hydroxybutyrate (GHB) and Rohypnol is illegal and carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison under UK law.
A spokesman for Moo Moos nightclub said: "We urge all customers to be present when their drink is ordered and that they do not leave it unattended.
"The alleged drink spiked appears to have been accepted from a person known to the lady affected and whilst it was not reported to us at the time, we are assisting the police who are dealing with the matter.”
For help and advice concerning drink spiking, please visit the Drinkaware website here.
If you have been affected by this story, you can find help, advice and support from Women's Aid here.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read