Advert

Latest

2 hours ago
Advert
2 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

5 hours ago
Advert

Paramedic Shares Shocking Footage Showing Why Parents Need To Keep Dishwasher Tablets Out Of Reach

Paramedic Shares Shocking Footage Showing Why Parents Need To Keep Dishwasher Tablets Out Of Reach

A paramedic has shared shocking footage of why dishwasher tablets should always be kept out of reach of children.

In a bid to raise awareness, paramedic Nikki (also known as @tinyheartseducation) on Instagram, shared a video of exactly what happens if a dishwasher tablet is swallowed.

You can watch the video below:

Advert

In the video, Nikki explains why dishwasher tablets should always be kept in a locked cupboard.

"If this doesn't illustrate the danger of dishwashing tablets, then I don't know what will," she captioned the clip.

"Please store them safely; well out of sight and reach in a locked cupboard ."

The video shows Nikki taking a piece of ham before placing a dishwasher tablet on top.

Advert

A few hours later and the ham can be seen bubbling as the chemicals rapidly begin to burn through the meat. Nikki explains: "If your LO mistakes a dishwashing tablet as a lolly it can burn the skin fast."

Nikki placed the tablet on a piece of ham (Credit: Instagram/@tinyheartseducation)
Nikki placed the tablet on a piece of ham (Credit: Instagram/@tinyheartseducation)

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 2
Life

Woman Shares Amazing Hack To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home

Other parents were quick to comment on the video, thanking Nikki for spreading awareness. One person wrote: "Yes I've been wondering whyyyyy do they make them look like shiny yummy bright colourful lollies?!!! Shame on the manufacturers!! Thanks for the amazing tips as always!"

While another added: "So scary, shared! So glad I make my own non-toxic ones but I seriously had no idea before!"

Advert
Paramedic Urges Parents To Put Notes On Children's Car Seats
Life

Paramedic Urges Parents To Put Notes On Children's Car Seats

published at2 years ago

"I'm pretty chill, but dishwasher tabs and button batteries? They scare me!" Commented one parent.

Last year, we told you the horrifying effects that a button battery can have on a little one's insides.

The results were shocking (Credit: Instagram/@tinyheartseducation)
The results were shocking (Credit: Instagram/@tinyheartseducation)

Sarah Hunstead, founder of the website CPR Kids, shared a time-lapse experiment that showed what a lithium button battery can do to chicken fillets.

Advert

Speaking to Kidspot, Sarah said: "I was inspired to do this particular experiment after a trip to the supermarket with my oldest daughter".

"We were walking down the baby products aisle - she stopped and picked up a small object off the shelf where the baby toys were - my daughter said 'MUM! LOOK! a button battery! That is so dangerous!"

The incident prompted Sarah to conduct an experiment, revealing just what a battery can do when swallowed. To show the corrosive effects, she placed a battery inside a chicken fillet for a total of four hours and kept an eye on the damage done during that period. And the results were truly horrifying.

According to The Battery Controlled, when a coin-sized lithium button battery gets stuck in a child's throat, the saliva triggers an electrical current. This then causes a chemical reaction that can severely burn the oesophagus in as little as two hours. You can read more about it here.

Featured Image Credit: Flickr

Topics: Parenting, Health

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Gigi Hadid And Zayn Malik Finally Reveal Baby Name
published at11 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Entertainment

Married At First Sight Australia's Nic Jovanovic Diagnosed With Cancer Again While Filming

published at5 hours ago

Lucy Devine

Lucy is a journalist working for Tyla. After graduating with a master's degree in journalism, she has worked in both print and online and is particularly interested in fashion, food, health and women's issues. Northerner, coffee addict, says hun a lot. Get in touch at [email protected]