John Torode Set His Tea Towel On Fire On 'This Morning'
There truly is never a dull moment on This Morning, and the ITV breakfast show lived up to its reputation today when John Torode's kitchen caught fire live on air.
The TV chef was presenting a segment on how to make a homemade mcmuffin via video link from his kitchen in his home in North London when he accidentally left a tea towel on a lit hob.
"Behind you John, cooker! Behind you John, you're on fire! FIRE JOHN!," began shouting Phil.
In a few tense seconds, the Masterchef co-host didn't appear to hear the presenters as the fire continued to grow in the background.
Scenes showed Phil and Holly despairing in the studio (with producers probably moments away from fainting), before John finally caught wind of the situation.
More Like ThisMore Like This
Grabbing the tea towel - now fully alit - and taking it to his sink, he said: "Thank you Ill just open the back door."
"Oh my gosh, are you ok? You were so calm and cool about that?" says Holly afterwards.
Honestly, you can't make this up.
Afterwards, John's fire alarm began to ring, as the presenters burst into hysterics at the action.
That's live TV for you!
Featured Image Credit: ITV
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read