BBC Releases First Pictures Of Watership Down Adaptation And Exciting Cast News
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: BBC
The BBC has revealed the first pictures from its stunning adaptation of Richard Adams' Watership Down.
Along with the jaw-dropping images, which offer a glimpse into the Christmas miniseries, the beeb even dropped from exciting cast news too.
The amazing voice cast already boasted the likes of X-Men's James McAvoy and Nicholas Hault, The Crown's Olivia Coleman, former Bond gal Gemmer Arterton, Ben Kingsley, and Star Wars' John Boyega.
But, the BBC has just revealed even more impressive talent in the line-up today, and it doesn't get much better than this.
The new additions to the line-up includes...
- Doctor Who's Peter Capaldi as Kehaar
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike as The Black Rabbit OfInlé
- Black Panther's Daniel Kaluuya as Bluebell
- Kingsman's Taron Egerton as El-Ahrairah
- The Office's Mackenzie Crook as Hawkbit
- Captain Marvel's Gemma Chan as Dewdrop
- The Crown's Jason Watkins as Captain Orchis
- James Bond's Rory Kinnear as Cowslip
- Line of Duty's Craig Parkinson as Captain Sainfoin
- Yes, Prime Minister's Henry Goodman as Blackavar
- Batman Begins' Tom Wilkinson as Threarah
- Harry Potter's Lee Ingleby as Captain Campion
- Line of Duty's Charlotte Spencer as Nettle
- Black Mirror's Daniel Rigby as Dandelion
Just when we thought that was it, it was also revealed Oscar-winning Bond theme writer Sam Smith has recorded his own rendition of Fire on Fire for the series theme-song.
"I am so excited and honoured to be a part of this new adaptation of Watership Down," he told Digital Spy. "This story is so powerful and timeless, and it has been thrilling to work with Noam and his team and the incredible Steve Mac on this song for it. I hope everyone loves it as much as I do."
As we already know from the novel, it's going to be an absolute tear-jerker, and it has apparently even gotten too much for Jenna Coleman at times.
Speaking to Digital Spy last year, she said: "I'm taking quite a long time because I keep crying!
"I promised my mum I'd never watch the original, because she knew I wouldn't be able to cope. Now I'm having to record it!"