Anton Du Beke Confirms He's Not Quitting Strictly Come Dancing
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: BBC
Professional dancer Anton Du Beke has been forced to confirm he has not quit Strictly Come Dancing after reports he was leaving the show.
Taking to Twitter, the 52-year-old reassured fans that he was 'never going' whether they want him or not, which will be music to many fans ears.
He said: "My loves, some people are reporting I'm quitting the show. Absolute rubbish! I'm NEVER quitting. Whether they want me or not, I'm never going! Love you all and love @BBCStrictly."
Reaffirming this, an official spokesperson from the BBC added: "We never comment on contractual matters but Anton will be kept very busy for the rest of the series in our group performances and we also have our Christmas special so his fans will be seeing plenty more of him."
Susannah Constantine's professional dancing partner was forced to defend his position on the dancing show after a source claimed that Saturday was Anton's last Strictly performance after he and Susannah became the latest couple to be booted out by the judges.
The source told the Mail Online: "That was Anton's last Strictly.
"Anton is really unhappy as he feels like he gets the joke acts or the ones who can't dance at all.
"He was lucky last year, getting Ruth Langsford, as the public love her and she is popular. It's time to hang up his dance shoes."
Thankfully, Anton has confirmed he will not be following the advice of the anonymous source and will certainly will not be hanging up his dancing shoes anytime soon.
Strictly Come Dancing Continues on BBC One at 6.30pm on Saturday.