To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now

Rihanna Fans Shocked To Learn They've Been 'Mispronouncing' Her Name

| Last updated 

Rihanna Fans Shocked To Learn They've Been 'Mispronouncing' Her Name

Scores of Rihanna fans have been shocked to learn that they've been mispronouncing the singer's name this entire time. "Ooh na na, what's my name?" springs to mind.

In a video shared to British Vogue's Twitter account earlier this week, the make-up mogul spoke from her launch of her Fendi pop-up store in Paris.

"Hello British Vogue, it's Rihanna," the Bajan singer said to the cameras (side note: as if she needed an introduction).


But some followers were shocked to hear the way Rihanna pronounced her name - Ree-Anna, rather than Ree-Ah-Na, with the latter usually how it's usually pronounced in the States.

"So we've been pronouncing Rihanna's name wrong this whole time," one Twitter user shared, reposting the video to their Twitter timeline.

And the repost sparked an influx of replies from other fans, namely from the US, who were super confused and shocked by the pronunciation.


"I love how we all collectively choose to pronounce Rihanna's name wrong," replied one person.

While somebody else apologised: "I am so p*ssed at all of us for pronouncing Rihanna's name wrong this entire time. I am so sorry queen."

"So, we've been pronouncing Rihanna's name wrong this whole time," replied another superfan.


Some Brits were quick to point out that we've actually all been saying it the right way since the popstar gained fame 14 years ago, with others even suggesting that's why she's moved over here (as well as her newly uncovered love for Sainsbury's, obviously).


But it seems like most of Rihanna's fans do know how to correctly say her name (or would like to pretend that they do).

Twitter user @boopyape, who originally shared the post then created a poll - 38 per cent admitted to saying using Ree-Ah-Nah, while the other 62 per cent said Ree-Anna, apparently.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Celebrity Entertainment

Rachel Andrews
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

TV & Film

Bridgerton Season 3 Will Feature A Major Series Shakeup, Nicola Coughlan Reveals

an hour ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read


Britney Spears Praised For Breaking Stigma Of '12-Week Rule'

3 hours ago